We hear people talking about Alkaline Water. But what does it really do for us? And what are the benefits, if any, to our bodies and skin?
- Builds a Cancer Wall: Alkaline water has antioxidant properties that help counteract free radicals. Free radicals can lead to aging and other various conditions. The antioxidants in liquid form allow for a faster absorption into the system. It is believed that some elements in alkaline water can help develop cancer resistance.
- Helps the Body Fight Viruses: It helps to cleanse the organs and is particularly effective in cleansing the colon. It can remove build up that is weeks or even years old leading to a more effective and thorough elimination process. This can help decrease the recurrence of unhealthy constipation issues. As you take it regularly, preferably daily, and keep your system cleansed and in well working order you may notice that you become less susceptible to flu’s, colds, stomach viruses, and other common illnesses.
- Rejuvenates the Skin: This is always a biggie for me! Along with cleansing the body’s inner systems alkaline water also rejuvenates the skin and keeps it hydrated. It helps the skin replace tissues and contributes its elasticity and overall health. It can also help detoxify the skin causing it to appear smoother and leading to fewer breakouts. This helps contribute to a younger more youthful glow. Alkaline water can also aid in your weight loss goals. It aids in the breakdown of fatty elements in food. All of these physical improvements can make you feel younger and revitalized.
- Strengthens Joints: No osteoporosis for Alkaline bodies! A few other features of water are that it lubricates joints and muscles to help prevent injuries. This can benefit those who are susceptible to sprains or may suffer from arthritis. Also dehydration can cause organs such as the heart to work even harder and leave you feeling exhausted. As it releases harmful substances it can help you feel more energetic. This can be due to the fact that clean organs don’t have to work as hard and expend as much energy to carry out their functions.
And…You can make your own Alkaline Water!
Here are a few easy ways to get the natural benefits of an alkaline body:
1. Lemon or Lime Juice: Add several drops of lemon or lime juice to your glass of water. I add 1/4 of lemon or lime juice to two 16oz. Gasses of water I drink every morning as I wake up.
2. Baking Soda: Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a gallon of water. Google this simple and inexpensive recipe for the exact amount of baking soda.
3. Alkaline Water Machine (i.e. Kangen Water machine): Use an alkaline water machine to produce drinking alkaline water and water to use for cocking, preparing smoothies, teas, and any other food related water need.